Sunday, May 17, 2015

TOMORROW: Sail on the Woodwind!

I apologize for the delay in posting, but here's an update I hope you'll enjoy.

Detail from "The Naval Nurse," R. Attwold, 1750, Walpole Library.
Note the octant and spyglass above his blunderbuss and pistols.
Tomorrow at 6:30 PM, I will be giving a talk aboard the Annapolis, Maryland based schooner Woodwind! On behalf of Historic London Town and Gardens, I will be demonstrating recreated navigational instruments as part of my talk "Navigation on the Colonial Chesapeake!"

Buy your tickets here and climb aboard to try your hand at the lead line, chip log, traverse board, quadrant, alidade, compass, and buy yourself a drink to boot! A portion of every ticket benefits Historic London Town.

Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment